A SAFE sex life
The most common way of people in the UK getting HIV is through unprotected sex
When used correctly, condoms are very effective at preventing HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STI). Here are a few tips to ensure you are enjoying healthy sex life:
· Oil-based product can destroy the latex or polyusogrene used to make condoms. Do not use products such as vaseline, moisturiser or lotion as lubrication.
· It is safe to use water-based lubricant with all condoms.
· If a condom comes off during sex, it is possible you might contract an STI. If this happens get tested.
· Store condoms at room temperature, away from sharps that could tear them.
· Latex free condoms are available for people who are sensitive to latex. Do not let your sensitivity stop you using a condom.
· Never use a condom more than once. Always use a new condom every time you have sex.
· Condoms can go out of date. Check the use by date before having sex.
· Buy condoms which have a quality mark sure as the BSI kite mark or CE mark on the packaging. This ensures they are have been quality tested to a high standard.
If you have any other questions about safe sex please speak to a member of our team.